Yellow Sac Spiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtowns7

Hello All,

I currently live in the Chicago land area. This morning, I noticed a tiny white, almost clear spider hanging from my bathroom ceiling. I grabbed a tissue and went to squish it. I thought I did, but at the last minute, I saw it fall from the tissue. I don’t know if I fully killed it or not because I couldn’t find it afterwards. This issue here is that the room in which I keep my 3 year old beardie, Mushu, is right across the hall and if that sucker survived, I would like to know how it could possibly affect him. After further research, I think the spider was a yellow sac spider but I can’t find much info about their interactions with beardies. If anyone has any advice or information, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thanks.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mushy will most likely just eat it if it wanders into his tank. But spiders tend to avoid brightly lit areas like that anyways :)

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know of any harmful spiders in our area (I'm down the road in Iowa). I certainly haven't had any issue with them. I'm more concerned with lightning bugs getting into the house this time of year. It's good to have an activated charcoal kit on hand just in case you suspect accidental ingestion of something toxic.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, when I was a kid I used to catch these + feed them to my first pet lizards which were anoles [ 7 inch max. size ] so they pose no threat to a lizard. :) I was also bitten repeatedly by one that was hiding in a light jacket that I put on at work, right in my arm pit and felt just a light stinging sensation and a few red welts developed like mosquito bites but that was it. When I took the jacket off I found the spider and her egg sac she was guarding. :shock: Brandon did you call the O.P's dragon Mushy ? :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AHBD":36pwnixu said:
Hi there, when I was a kid I used to catch these + feed them to my first pet lizards which were anoles [ 7 inch max. size ] so they pose no threat to a lizard. :) I was also bitten repeatedly by one that was hiding in a light jacket that I put on at work, right in my arm pit and felt just a light stinging sensation and a few red welts developed like mosquito bites but that was it. When I took the jacket off I found the spider and her egg sac she was guarding. :shock: Brandon did you call the O.P's dragon Mushy ? :lol:

That... Is terrifying :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom