will this be fine for my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

360waves123

Hatchling Member
hey, i notice my dragon basking decor gets too hot if I have the light close to the top. with the light on top of the screen, temp gets 90 degrees and up and I was able to finally get my humidity to 30% from 15 but the decor gets hot too touch and I'm not sure if it's too hot for my baby dragon. I cut a piece of my shirt and put it on top will that be fine? I'm thinking about rearranging the enclosure to have the reptile hammock on that side since it won't get too hot from the direct heat and I will still be able to have the water bowl directly under the heat for humidity

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the temp? And how are you taking it? NO stick ons---- place a digital probe thermometer on the basking decor of where he is sitting leave for 10 minutes get temp if its above 110 its too hot --- make sure that bulb is not too close to him 6" or better above him
Karrie

360waves123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":18kbzzoh said:
What is the temp? And how are you taking it? NO stick ons---- place a digital probe thermometer on the basking decor of where he is sitting leave for 10 minutes get temp if it's above 110 its too hot --- make sure that bulb is not too close to him 6" or better above him
Karrie
temps for both enclosures are at 97-98 degrees. which I also don't get because one is 100w and the other is 75w and they're the same distance.. I'm not worried about the temp of the enclosure I live in vegas im worried about the rock they use to bask on being too hot for their touch

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I know what is the spot of where he is sitting? I want actual basking temps -- not the ambient temp- the probe is going to tell you what it is --- your tank is more that likely way hotter than 97 if your using two bulbs between the 2 thats 175 watts ---- if that rock is too hot for you to touch its going to burn him --- place that probe on that rock leave for 10 minutes and it will tell you what it is
Karrie

360waves123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ikmxf6e said:
Yes I know what is the spot of where he is sitting? I want actual basking temps -- not the ambient temp- the probe is going to tell you what it is --- your tank is more that likely way hotter than 97 if your using two bulbs between the 2 thats 175 watts ---- if that rock is too hot for you to touch its going to burn him --- place that probe on that rock leave for 10 minutes and it will tell you what it is
Karrie
heres a pic of both enclosure

360waves123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":8ak9b1g9 said:
Karrie
adn heres the other

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Take that probe and take the towel off and set there on the rock - your getting ambient temps w/ the way its sitting ---- you need the probe directly on the rock --- nothing on it no towel -- wait 10 minutes then get the temp- if its above 110 you need to shut one of those lights off I would start w/ the 75
Karrie

360waves123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":11kwciad said:
Take that probe and take the towel off and set there on the rock - your getting ambient temps w/ the way its sitting ---- you need the probe directly on the rock --- nothing on it no towel -- wait 10 minutes then get the temp- if its above 110 you need to shut one of those lights off I would start w/ the 75
Karrie
ok will do and will give an update. also, i think you got me confused there's 2 enclosures only one light per enclosure. one enclosure has a 100w and the other has 75w.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
---I am bad :oops: --- are you getting if fixed tho? Or you have gotten it fixed? :)
Karrie

360waves123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3fa43isz said:
---I am bad :oops: --- are you getting if fixed tho? Or you have gotten it fixed? :)
Karrie
yes, thank you. I ended up changing the enclosure up now there's a hammock under the bulb for basking spot as that won't heat up like the decor and put the rocks that was originally under the basking spot in the middle of the enclosure. just having trouble with humidity now :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As long as your humidity is not above 70% and between 30-40% your fine-- they that is optimal
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom