BEWARE OF HABBA HUTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
The habba huts are made out of Fir Wood and Cedar both known to cause a number of issues for all reptiles repository issues and skin lesions these are marketed for reptiles like crazy

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep, careful to completely remove the staples that hold the advertising card in place, they can lacerate a reptile's tummy if left poking out.

Other than that , they are just fine so long any loose bits of bark are removed.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2wa6p1tv said:
Yep, careful to completely remove the staples that hold the advertising card in place, they can lacerate a reptile's tummy if left poking out.

Other than that , they are just fine so long any loose bits of bark are removed.
Mine had sap excreting out of it in multiple areas tossed it as fast as you can say butterfinger these companies half the items they sell are horrible for the animals they market it to not really fine if the wood used in the product is hazardous just like Reptibark it's made out of fir bark and orchid bark is made from pine it's just very dried out these huts not so much the bark let's off fumes when heated etc even if it doesnt show signs of excreting sap

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wickedpogana":1eez7q5k said:
kingofnobbys":1eez7q5k said:

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wickedpogana":3p8bzla9 said:
Wickedpogana":3p8bzla9 said:
kingofnobbys":3p8bzla9 said:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Wickedpogana":1megvu9c said:
kingofnobbys":1megvu9c said:

Mine had sap excreting out of it in multiple areas tossed it as fast as you can say butterfinger these companies half the items they sell are horrible for the animals they market it to not really fine if the wood used in the product is hazardous just like Reptibark it's made out of fir bark and orchid bark is made from pine it's just very dried out these huts not so much the bark let's off fumes when heated etc even if it doesnt show signs of excreting sap

Are you sure it was a GENUINE Hubba Hut and not a cheap knockoff.

I've never heard of anyone encountering a Hubba Hut that was so green it still had sap coming out of it. Mind you I'm in Australia so I expect the local distributer buys them wholesale by the big box load / container load and ships them by sea so they get to spend several weeks on ship before they even arrive at Botany Bay , Melbourne or Brisbane container Terminals.

I would expect the manufacturer lets the logs "season" and dry out for several weeks before sending them to the miller were they are segmented and hollowed .

Are you sure it was sap and NOT tannings leaching out ( if the seller has kept them outside and they've been exposed to rain or even immersed in floodwater ) ?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":219m6f9h said:
Wickedpogana":219m6f9h said:
kingofnobbys":219m6f9h said:

I've never heard of anyone encountering a Hubba Hut that was so green it still had sap coming out of it. Mind you I'm in Australia so I expect the local distributer buys them wholesale by the big box load / container load and ships them by sea so they get to spend several weeks on ship before they even arrive at Botany Bay , Melbourne or Brisbane container Terminals.

I would expect the manufacturer lets the logs "season" and dry out for several weeks before sending them to the miller were they are segmented and hollowed .

Are you sure it was sap and NOT tannings leaching out ( if the seller has kept them outside and they've been exposed to rain or even immersed in floodwater ) ?
yup it was genuine lol I spend multiple grand on my setup I'm not taking short cuts it was zoomed brand

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Wickedpogana":1c7t726h said:
kingofnobbys":1c7t726h said:
Wickedpogana":1c7t726h said:
kingofnobbys":1c7t726h said:

yup it was genuine lol I spend multiple grand on my setup I'm not taking short cuts it was zoomed brand

Maybe someone sold you a counterfeit Hubba Hut ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just inspected mine and didn't find any signs of sap. I've baked it several times over the years too. I haven't observed any issues with mine. Other huts may be different though.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yeh , I have 4 jumbo sized , and 2 mini sized, only thing that's come off them is the occasion bit of bark , I've had all mine for at least 6 years.
Never been baked by me. I simply take the outside and give them a blast with hose occasionally , but frequency just a wipe with a damp bit of paper towel then a soaking spray with F10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom