Ringworm

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I think I have ringworm, and my mom is freaking out and insisting that Mari gave it to me since “reptiles are gross.” (Not my words) The only thing is that I have no clue where Mari would’ve come into contact with another animal (unless petco crickets carry it - She last had crickets at the end of May, so I don’t think it’s her.)

My mom refuses to believe that I got ringworm by lying in the very grass that a bunch of wild rabbits and deer frequent just minutes after a whole bunch of them were there, so what’s the likelihood of Mari giving me ringworm if she is the only reptile in a half mile radius, has never been to a reptile vet to pick it up, and has never touched a wild animal?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There is no real evidence of ringworm dermatophytes affecting reptiles. Beardies do get fungal skin infections commonly but these are not the same as ringworm. I am guessing thats where you picked up the ringworm for direct contact w/ the soil that the rabbits and deer were. Did you have the dragon in the same soil? If so you need to get him to the vet as he has possibly contracted it as well.
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
About a 0% chance.

Ringworm is actually a fungal infection, one that typically requires damp environments. The complete opposite of the environment a dragon would be in. Of all the types of fungus that can cause ringworm, none of them would survive the intense heat and dry skin of a bearded dragon.

When you hear hoofsteps outside your window at night, don't go looking for zebras. You most likely got it from lying in the grass, or from one of the other common ways of getting it.

But, at least you can tell your mom that the hot dry environment Mari lives in would kill any ringworm fungus from your dragon before it had a chance to come in contact with you anyways :)

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I concur 100%! It is extremely hard to "catch" anything from your reptile, especially
ringworms.
Ringworms are very common anyway, so most likely you got them from the yard/grass,
etc.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom