So what if my beardie lays her eggs outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeSoba

My bearded dragon spends a lot of time outside. I’ve noticed an access of scratching/digging and sleep lately from my beardie, since she’s been around a male I’ve marked this is gravid behavior. Today she dug a little cave outside in my rock garden, which gave me an interesting thought.

What happens if I just let her lay eggs without human contact, just like in the wild? Would the eggs get incubated naturally? I live in south Texas, so the weather is constantly hot, and switches between dry and humid.

I’m asking this because I don’t wanna make a mistake. I would love to test if my yard is capable of raising baby lizards, but I honestly have no idea what to expect. So please, thoughts, opinions, advice, ideas?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it is an interesting idea but you probably would have a 50-50 chance of them getting raided by insects or other prey animals. You'd also have to have a means of keeping the hatchlings contained . Sometimes the eggs hatch during the night when you wouldn't be there to see them emerge from the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom