WOW! She’s getting so big

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4 month or so bearded dragon that I got from petsmart has been growing insane! She’s definitely been growing before really good but has really hit her stride, about a week ago she was 11” now 12”. So does anyone think there’s a chance she could be German Giant, she’s in a 20 gal right now but very soon is getting moved to a much larger cage about 75 gal.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I have no idea about the German giant thing, but ours hit a big growth spurt around 4 months too, now she is almost 7 months and has slowed down. She is around 15 inches now.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari is about the size of a full grown adult and she’s about 7 months old ? they grow fast when you raise em’ right.

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Definitely, she looks much more like a dragon now than when I first got her, she even has some nice bright yellow coming in on her beard.

dmstevens

My bearded dragon went from 6 inches to now a year old at 21 1/2 inches. We built her cage with our own acrylic paintings. We made the log cabin also. She has an entrance on the side. She has a welcome mat, Home Sweet Home Picture, and her own miniature firepit. She is just a happy beardie. The tank is 120 gallons which helps her get to her full potential.

I wanted to add that we have slate floors with some of the areas covered in skateboard clear grip tape that helps file her nails down and makes it easy for her to walk without any slippage. I saw another post and figured this may help others out also.

full

See the pic of her: https://imgur.com/MyCyqCe

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
I thought she was female but now I’m not so sure her bumps are too small to tell for sure. And funny story I’ve bearded of feeding till your dragon is full, and kiwi loves to eat, she eats anything and everything, she even loves salad. So I got a 50 count of wax worms + my crickets and tried to feed her till she was full. I know have lost an entire 50 count of wax worms in one day (this was a one time treat). She was never filled ?.

dmstevens

Mine ate alot growing up also. I was going through alot of crickets. We had good ventilation for them but my house started smelling really bad, so I started using the Dubai roaches to fill her more plus better than crickets for protein and all that good stuff. Now that she has grown, she only eats a couple bugs or superworms with her greens. You should try hibiscus. They like that flower.

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Thx for the suggestion I got some stuff for her salad today (Collard Greens, asparagus, Carrot greens, and Bok Choy). I’ve tried convincing my family to let me get get Dubia roaches but they don’t want any for of roach in the house so I get to work with the ever challenging crickets? But yeah she eats a whole lot to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom