Do beardies have a snake-recognition instinct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I had Mari outside with me (she’s on a leash) and we were just sitting around when my mom came by dragging a black garden hose in plain view of us. I’ve never seen Mari freak out so bad in my life, but she started wiggling down next to the garden box and her beard turned sorta black until I picked her up and held her firmly to my chest. (It’s back to normal and it’s been about 15 minutes, so she’s not injured, sick, or dying, lol. She’s on my chest indoors just looking around because she’s still paranoid about a snake in the area, but I’m about to burrito her to calm her down.

Update: she’s now in a burrito (literally - I have a giant tortilla blanket for myself, and she has a tiny one for her, but I’m using my big one because her little one isn’t large enough to use as a calming blanket. It’s a similar concept to birds: throwing a blanket over them momentarily can calm them down if they are terrified.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom