Salamander :))

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Salamander :))

Postby BenjiBoy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:50 am

My boyfriend asked me if I want him salamander :)) he will supply me with the tank and everything. He’s getting a snake, so he needs the room for that. I was thinking probably not, but I thought why not ask. Can the salamander and Benji (my dragon) have contact with eachother? Will Benji eat him😬?

Also, name suggestions:)?
BenjiBoy
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Salamander :))

Postby AHBD » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Benji would probably eat it and it would be bad for both of them. Contact would not be beneficial for them in any way. What type of salamander is it and how long has your b.f. had it ? Be aware that they can't be handled very often at all, they're very sensitive to any chemicals on your hand and they can dry out easily.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby BenjiBoy » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:00 pm

I know ): my mom said no because as soon as I found out he’d give her to me that there’s no point if he just sits there. I’m not really sure what kind he is, he’s orange with red dots. My boyfriend has had him for about a year and a half.
BenjiBoy
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:55 am

That sounds like an Eastern newt. Google it to see if that's what it is.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:36 am

Orange with red dots is usually a juvenile eastern newt as mentioned. They are born in the water, climb onto land and live in woodlands while they are orange. They eventually turn dark green with red dots and their tail expands wider to help them swim. They live their adult lives back in the water in ponds. Definitely not a good idea to let them go near a dragon. They are fun little guys to have around though. I had a tank of them I raised from eggs when I was a kid.
CooperDragon

Postby loljelloclowdz » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:47 pm

My uni had to tell us about the dangers of putting newts in your mouth because kids are stupid enough to partake in hazing rituals. I was like "If you're an adult and you still put things in your mouth that shouldn't be in your mouth, it's just natural selection at this point." XD
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion