2 female juvenile bearded dragons in one 40 gallon tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconSlayed2630

Hello, my name is Kimberly and my wife and I just bought two juvenile/baby female bearded dragons at the same time from the same tank. I was just curious, is it safe to have them in one 40 gallon tank together because they grew up together. We were planning on getting another 40 gallon tank because we are afraid and cautious that they would start fighting, or try killing each other, and we just cant live with that.
So I am hoping that it is okay to house them in the same 40 gallon tank for a few days, but possibly give them 2 separate food bowls so they dont fight over their food? Will this work? I just want to be safe, we will be buying another tank on tuesday when we get paid. Any answers will be great, please and thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please separate them as soon as you can --- it is not advisable to keep dragons together --- you will need to buy another set up of course so we can go over that now --- first you need a 24" fixture w/reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb - this is at this time the best on the market besides the Arcadia 12% bulbs - you need a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps for babies 105-110 and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they give ambient temp only! No colored bulbs! And no loose substrate - it causes impaction especially in babies --- paper towels can be used for now or some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot cut to the size of the tank - its easy to keep clean and insects cannot get underneath- please do not leave crickets in the tank if your feeding them -- they bite and can cause infection - we can go over diet and food I can help you w/ that --
Karrie

BaconSlayed2630

Original Poster
Thank you for response. We have 4 other bearded dragons all in separate tanks. We have to get a new tank on tuesday when we get paid so we know the basics. We are watching them very carefully, so nothing bad happens. But thank you again for your great response.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok then well you are experienced owners then- if you have anymore questions or need more info please ask
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you planning on keeping them together permanently or for just a few days?
Each case is uniquely different.
Most of us here, recommend keeping them in their own tanks, but, there are some who
have successfully kept two females in a tank with no issues. It is up to you since you do
know them better than we do.
They can be unpredictable so it's hard to give a yes or a no. They can be fine one minute
& years later for some unknown reason, become territorial. You could also get a large tank,
& divide it so they could still see each other, if that is an option too.
Our primary goal here is to try to keep our information current & correct but most of all to promote
good health & longevity as well.
Be sure to post pictures also, if you would like!

Tracie

BaconSlayed2630

Original Poster
We will be keeping them together for a few days until we have money for a new tank. But thank you all for your responses!! Ver helpful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom