Encouragement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips on how to get my Kush to come out of her enclosure on her own?? I don't want to force her by picking her up and then bringing her out, if she doesn't want to!

A little back story; she is a little over a year old, and has been with us since 4/20 (hehe). My husband and I got her from a family owned pet store; they fed her well but I'm not sure how often she got to come out. Plus she was only in like a 20 gallon tank. So her enclosure now, is about 160 gallons (two levels). I leave her door open for about an hour a day, to see if she will wander out, but no dice. I also don't want to bribe her with worms every time just to bring her out either. She is fed around 9am-10am (depending on the day, veggies only or worms or a day we skip feeding because she always has a salad ready....even though she isn't a fan lol) , so I don't want to feed her when I get home from work (around 6pm), if she isn't gonna have enough time with the light/heat to digest (she's a 12hr on 12hr off kinda gal). She really loves chilling in her hammock and would be content if I hand fed her there, all day every day. I would just like her to be more social and perhaps give her chunky legs some exercise!

Here she is :) I love her
108322-4493208318.jpg

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Do they do that??
Ours has tried to get back in her tank plenty of times, but I highly doubt she would ever willingly come out. She actually rather seems to dislike human contact altogether. :/
Sorry I can't help, but I'll be reading along to see if I can get some ideas as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom