Encouragement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips on how to get my Kush to come out of her enclosure on her own?? I don't want to force her by picking her up and then bringing her out, if she doesn't want to!

A little back story; she is a little over a year old, and has been with us since 4/20 (hehe). My husband and I got her from a family owned pet store; they fed her well but I'm not sure how often she got to come out. Plus she was only in like a 20 gallon tank. So her enclosure now, is about 160 gallons (two levels). I leave her door open for about an hour a day, to see if she will wander out, but no dice. I also don't want to bribe her with worms every time just to bring her out either. She is fed around 9am-10am (depending on the day, veggies only or worms or a day we skip feeding because she always has a salad ready....even though she isn't a fan lol) , so I don't want to feed her when I get home from work (around 6pm), if she isn't gonna have enough time with the light/heat to digest (she's a 12hr on 12hr off kinda gal). She really loves chilling in her hammock and would be content if I hand fed her there, all day every day. I would just like her to be more social and perhaps give her chunky legs some exercise!

Here she is :) I love her
108322-4493208318.jpg

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Do they do that??
Ours has tried to get back in her tank plenty of times, but I highly doubt she would ever willingly come out. She actually rather seems to dislike human contact altogether. :/
Sorry I can't help, but I'll be reading along to see if I can get some ideas as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom