Beardie on vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalpi1mr

My Beardie, Spike, is 1 1/2 years old. He is awesome and loves to be outside of his tank non-stop. Although he has a huge enclosure with all the correct heat, uvb, etc. he loves nothing more than to be part of the family. I have a summer cottage that I go to every weekend from May to September and have a neighbor that looks after and feeds my buddy while I am away. Still I feel guilty and would like for a way to bring him with me. I am not too concerned about the ride itself as it is only an hour away and I’m quite certain he wouldn’t have any issue sitting on my wife’s lap for the car ride. The problem I am looking to solve is an economical and practical way to have him in an enclosure at the cottage. He would likely be outside of the tank for much of the day while he hangs out with the family, however I am looking for ideas on how to vacation with him for 2/3 days at a time every week in the summer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like you need to invest in a "travel tank" - if hes going to be out w/ you that much you need to invest in another smaller tank and either take the lighting he has in his original tank or invest in extra lighting --- some others on here can give some advice as well
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When I travel with my guy I bring a mercury vapor bulb attached to an adjustable lamp stand that I set up in a bedroom or other relatively secure space. He has a travel bag that I can attach to the seatbelts in the car and he has a large playpen that can be zipped and enclosed for time outside. Aside from cleaning supplies and food for him it isn't really a hassle. He is also used to roaming freely most of the time which helps. Here is a photo of a typical travel setup I have for him.

76248-5659197629.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom