Unable to bath dragon & impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my beardie just had an ovariohysterectomy operation on Wednesday & have been told I can't bath her for two weeks while stitches heal. Trouble is she's trained to poop in the bath and she hasn't been for a week now. I'm wondering if there's any tips I'm missing out on to try and get them to poo aside from bathing? I've tried canned pumpkin, prune juice & olive oil but nothing has helped :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's perfectly fine if a beardie doesn't poo for periods of 2 weeks or more at times and in her case it's good because she won't soil herself or cause strain by producing a bowel movement. Still there are things to help her poo, get any of these : iceberg lettuce ,unsweetened applesauce, baby food prunes, sweet potato or squash and add a bit of olive oil or raw unpasteurized honey and water all together. Those are natural laxatives and will help her out. Don't feed her large insects, use either smallish/medium or only freshly shed, soft insects. Everything should be easy to digest to pass through the G.I. tract easily.

Anonydragoj

Original Poster
AHBD":1l6097gp said:
Hi there, it's perfectly fine if a beardie doesn't poo for periods of 2 weeks or more at times and in her case it's good because she won't soil herself or cause strain by producing a bowel movement. Still there are things to help her poo, get any of these : iceberg lettuce ,unsweetened applesauce, baby food prunes, sweet potato or squash and add a bit of olive oil or raw unpasteurized honey and water all together. Those are natural laxatives and will help her out. Don't feed her large insects, use either smallish/medium or only freshly shed, soft insects. Everything should be easy to digest to pass through the G.I. tract easily.
Thank you for the reply!! I will try some of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom