Baby Beardy baths

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
How often should I bathe a baby ? I am getting an 8 week old dragon this weekend. We plan to leave him adjust in his tank for a week before we handle him. Should he then he bathed once a week? Or more or less when shedding ?

My only experience is with an adult Beardy who had special needs so we had to do daily baths for the majority of the time we had him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not bath him unless you absolutely haft to--- you can wash or rinse his salads before serving and he will get moisture from there also spraying or dripping water on his nose - bathing is just gonna stress him out more -- he will need salads every morning - you want him eating those salads right away or at least some -- put your hands in the tank as much as you can and try hand feeding him -- hes gonna go thru relocation stress so his eating will be good at first then slow - he should not completely quit eating tho ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No age- it stresses them out alot- I have had blaze since he was around 2-3 months he will be a year this weekend he has not had a bath yet-- I spray him when he has the crackly dry shed then take a baby toothbrush and brush loosening the wet shed -
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I guess it can but spraying is just as good - I leave mine alone till it gets to that dry crackling sound then spray him down then take the soft baby toothbrush to him + I just did that this morning-- he got a back scratching - when they are little it really stressed them out
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom