Het Witblits x Zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Witblits and Zero are 2 different morphs. Zero x Zero or Zero x Het Zero is not recommended because it is the same gene and by forcing more offspring to have both parents provide the Zero gene it has been shown to have possible problems. This is why its recommended to pair Het Zero with Het Zero, as both parents carry the gene but not showing it is is really just providing stronger genetics.

Now the exact same rules/guidelines should be applied to Witblits ( pairing Het x Het ), but this is not the same when pairing a Zero with Witblits.

Since Zero and Witblits are are different genes you can pair them up as long as you aren't pairing up 2 that have Zero gene as above or Witblits. I've listed a few examples below that might help.

Pairing -- Is it OK to pair -- Resulting Genetics
Zero x Witblit = OK = Het Zero and Het Witblit
Zero x Het Witblit = OK = Het Zero Possibly Het Witblit
Het Zero x Witblit = OK = Possibly Het Zero Het Witblit
Het Zero x Het Witblit = OK = Possibly Het Zero Possibly Het Witblit

Zero x Het Zero Witblit = Not OK = Some Zero Het Witblits and some Het Zero Het wiblit, but possible geneting issues with Zero and Het Zero involved.

Witblit x Het Witblit Zero = Not OK = Some Witblit Het Zero and some Het Witblit Het Zero, but possible geneting issues with Witblit and Het Witblit involved.

Not all possibilities are listed for pairings, but I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom