Stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiaB

Original Poster
Hi, I went to the shops yesterday to see what I had to buy. In all the reptile shops and pet shops; I already had/have everything the sell. Except the digital thermometer; which I ended up buying. I have put that in and the temp fluctuates but does hit 95 like suggested. My socket is 100w and the heating box I have, is the maximum one that they have in the shops too. Is this okay?
Thanks for the help

MiaB

Original Poster
Hi again, I have just checked on him and he is having a huge shed. He was white for about 5 minutes, I left the room and came back to see he is shedding a huge amount. I was wondering if this is the cause for his random stress marks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Shed should not cause stress marks the only thing shed usually causes is grumpiness and not eating or not eating as much - did you buy a bright white basking bulb? The 95 degrees is w/ the heat emitter? Heat emitters are only good for keeping tanks at a temp you want in the cold weather - they can be supplemented to add heat when a basking bulb is not keeping up but for the most part your basking bulb should do the trick w/ temps --- please get a bright white basking bulb and a reflector for your UVB --- look on line - your pet stores do not sell bright white basking bulbs????????????? You can make a reflector to put on the back of your bulb out of tin foil- shiny part out fold it so it forms around the indentation of the fixture and tape it in -- I would recommend getting a fixture w/ a reflector - do not get one the same length of the tank - like a 24" -- look on line but these things I am telling you are imperative for the health of your dragon--
Karrie

MiaB

Original Poster
We went and looked for the basking lights and they were for snakes, is this the same for a beardie?

MiaB

Original Poster
We have just found out that we have an infrared basking bulb, thanks so much for the help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure you get your UVB straightened out or your dragon will have issues - MBD and other health as well
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good let me know how he does -- what his behavior is and if those stress marks go away
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom