1st time egg layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1kk135

My beardie is 2 years old and is laying eggs for the first time. Once I realized what was happening I made a nesting box for her. She has not done anything in it but has laid eggs outside the box in her enclosure and when I took her out to clean. She only laid 3 the first day and yesterday she laid another 4. Is this normal? And how many days can this last? She is my first female and I have no other beardies at the moment. Her box has wet sand in it and has an opening big enough for her to get in and out of. She was malnourished when I got her but seems to eat well now even though she is on the small size even for an adult female. She has been drinking a lot more than usual but seems to have no apatite. Any advise is welcome.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Every one is different, some will not ever lay without breeding or at least being in proximity to a male to see or smell. Others can lay clutches of eggs anyway. It is a normal occurrence, but you do want to take steps to ensure good calcium intake to replace what was used for the eggs. From my experience egg laying is usually done all over the course of a single day, but I cant say with any certainty that it would be s problem if its spread out. That's a better question for someone with breeding experience who has seen much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom