Need ideas for my outdoor beardie pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krypton

We have a wooden fence-enclosed backyard. My beardie has a dog pen that’s about 6 Feet wide. She has a hammock in the sun and a squarish basket on its side that is also in the sun, but she can also go in it to hide or for shade if she wants. There is canvas draped over a section near the side with the basket to provide a larger shaded area. We have plastic mesh (kind of like chicken wire) zip tied all around the enclosure so she can’t get out through the bars.

Well, today she escaped for the second time. The first time we assumed it was because we hadn’t yet zip tied the plastic mesh to the pen and she was able to somehow squeeze out. This time, I think she must’ve climbed from her hammock or basket up the wall and over. She went across the yard, dug a hole under the fence, and was thankfully found in our neighbor’s yard just laying in the sun.

I’m afraid to put her out now, without being out there myself, until her enclosure is apparently more escape proof. I was trying to think of ways in which I could continue to use her enclosure I have, but find a way to keep her from being able to get out at the top. Something that won’t block the sun (and can withstand the exposure to the sun), and that we could partly remove or have a way to reach in to get her out/put her in. The pen isn’t always the same exact shape, as we move it to mow the yard and such, so we’d either have to remove the top before doing so, or would need a flexible, stretchy type covering. Anyone have any genius ideas? I’m not the best seamstress, but I’m willing to sew something together if need be, and my dad’s pretty good at creating things. Just need some ideas to get us going. I want my beardie to be able to enjoy this nice weather before it’s either too hot or winter comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom