Does shipping scare them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I remember being so worried that Mari was scared when she was in transit from Kids And Dragons in Texas all the way to me (I’m near NYC.) She had a delay and was in transit for an additional 24 hours, so by the time she arrived, I found her smooshing herself into the top of the deli cup (The heat pack was ice cold because it was March and the transit delay.) Anyways, there were claw marks in the cup where she was wall surfing during transit :( Luckily it’s been 3 months, so she likely got over it, but do you think she was scared being in there?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sure being shipped is stressful and they don't understand what is going on. If they are well packaged they tend to be relatively safe at least. Fortunately they forgive and forget pretty well so it didn't likely cause any long term issues. Most of them are shipped somewhere at young ages.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3bchvlh6 said:
I'm sure being shipped is stressful and they don't understand what is going on. If they are well packaged they tend to be relatively safe at least. Fortunately they forgive and forget pretty well so it didn't likely cause any long term issues. Most of them are shipped somewhere at young ages.

Yeah, I prefer shipping them from a breeder who I know did their research and actually raised the beardies with lots of love and care as opposed to going to Petco or Petsmart and buying a hatchling that is way too young for inexperienced owners (If you screw up their lighting and use those horrendous dual-fixtures or coils, you’re gonna mess up their body for life), mealworms and pellets in its gut (impaction warning), ADV, inbred genetics, or yellow fungus. I don’t know where chain stores get their animals from, but I fear it’s from mills with suffering or mistreated animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom