Still too early to tell sex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I'm just popping in again to see if anyone has a hunch on Felix's sex yet. It has been a few weeks since my last post! I know that knowing gender is not at all urgent- I'm just bored and overly curious! It interests me to see what other people think :) Please reply male or female! (Side note- on my last posts some people were concerned with his stress marks. Thank you, first of all! They are still there, but I have gotten several separate opinions on them, and there seems to be no issue. I am hoping he will just grow out of them with time)

107813-877680853.jpg
107813-3231637133.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Looks female to me.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Its hard to tell from a photograph, if I had to lean one way i would say it does look a little like a single central bulge indicating female.The problem is that depending on who you ask pulling up the tail like that can be bad, I cant say either way and I am doubtful if done carefully it would harm them but I would check out the thread linked below about using a flashlight. In a way similar to placing your finger over a flashlight and it appears reddish in color, this can be used on a beardie and the organs you are looking for will appear as darker spots.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204533

The smaller the dragon the tougher it will be still, but its much easier than guessing on bulges. ANd of course always use caution to be gentle.

laurahill749

Original Poster
Draven88":2s9xngrs said:
Its hard to tell from a photograph, if I had to lean one way i would say it does look a little like a single central bulge indicating female.The problem is that depending on who you ask pulling up the tail like that can be bad, I cant say either way and I am doubtful if done carefully it would harm them but I would check out the thread linked below about using a flashlight. In a way similar to placing your finger over a flashlight and it appears reddish in color, this can be used on a beardie and the organs you are looking for will appear as darker spots.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204533

The smaller the dragon the tougher it will be still, but its much easier than guessing on bulges. ANd of course always use caution to be gentle.

Thank you for your help! We actually did try the flashlight method last night. It worked well, but we still are not completely confident one way or the other! We see the center bulge, but we also see vertical lines on either side which confuse us. Again, not life-threatening or urgent we just like to check often as he (she) grows- not much else to do in quarantine anyway right! Thanks again, and stay safe and healthy! :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I also think it looks female. The flashlight is a good method but is almost never accurate in babies. For babies the arching method is actually more reliable. :)

laurahill749

Original Poster
AHBD":29l2kom1 said:
I also think it looks female. The flashlight is a good method but is almost never accurate in babies. For babies the arching method is actually more reliable. :)

Thank you so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom