4 mo baby beardie laying in cave all day?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! My almost 4 month old beardie, Bee has been spending a lot of her day cozied in her cave and I don’t know if everything is okay. She has experienced a lot of change in the last few weeks that could have caused this beahvior. 3 weeks ago I traveled with her from VA to IN with her tank and everything to stay at my parents house. She adjusted well, but in the last week and a half she wakes up, comes out for maybe an hour and hangs out on her branch or her basking area, then goes back in her cave. This past weekend, I gave her tank and objects a deep clean and replace her sand mat with cermaic tiles. I also put fabric in the cave that she absolutely loves and snuggles in. She still eats when offered and is pooping regularly, except for today.. I ran out of dubia roaches and crickets and the place I usually get crickets were out (waiting for my order of dubia roaches to arrive) and she hasn’t eaten any of her veggies (which she usually eats all of them).

UVA/UVB:
Zoo Med T5-H0 Terrarium Hood, 24”
Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 H0 Lamp, 24 watts
Basking:
Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp, 150 watts
External Heat:
Power Reptile Heat Pad Under Tank Terrarium Warmer (large) (always on)
Thrive Ceramic Heat Emitter, 60 watts (used only at night when house is cooler)
On the cooler side the temp is consistent with being 80-83 degrees, where on the warmer lower side it's usually 87-90 degrees with the basking area being 100-105 degrees.

I’ve also been getting her out more to bond and explore because I also feel like she has nothing to look at now that her tank is in my bedroom in comparison to it have been in my living room. I don’t know. Should I be worried that she is spending so much time in her cave? A few times, I’ve had to take her out of her cave and physically put her in the basking area.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Shes going thru relocation stress -- her husbandry sounds good but I would take the under mat out- you dont need it --- the temps at nite should be no lower than 65 at nite and if its that you dont need the under tile mat heat-- they heat from their backs anyway so--- I would hang on to the heat mat for emergencies --- keep an eye on her if shes coming out to bask and is still eating she is fine --- even a little eating is better than nothing -- I would let her get adjusted to the move too before handling and taking her out of her tank --- she needs to adjust to the new surroundings and you want her back eating normal --- give her a week to adjust to the new surroundings then start to work w/ her more out of the tank -- and see by then if shes back to eating like she should
Karrie

laneyeldridge

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3d4g8n9a said:
Shes going thru relocation stress -- her husbandry sounds good but I would take the under mat out- you dont need it --- the temps at nite should be no lower than 65 at nite and if its that you dont need the under tile mat heat-- they heat from their backs anyway so--- I would hang on to the heat mat for emergencies --- keep an eye on her if shes coming out to bask and is still eating she is fine --- even a little eating is better than nothing -- I would let her get adjusted to the move too before handling and taking her out of her tank --- she needs to adjust to the new surroundings and you want her back eating normal --- give her a week to adjust to the new surroundings then start to work w/ her more out of the tank -- and see by then if shes back to eating like she should
Karrie
Okay! I’ll unplug the heat mat and just kind of let her chill for the week. Thank you! And appreciate this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom