How long does brumation last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, my beardie Marshall has been in a brumation state since about December. He's about a year and a half and I live in Vancouver, Canada; for weather reference. He sometimes comes out to bask but most of the time (once a week) I have to take him out of his cool hide to bathe him, put him under the basking light, and to give him a bit of food, to which he will stay out for maybe an hour or two and then return to his cool hide. He does have tons of energy when he is out though, runs all around the room. Is it normal for brumation to last this long? Also for reference here are the temperatures.
Warm side: 27.5 C (81.5 F)
Cool Side: 25.7 C (78.26 F)
Basking: 42.5 C (108.5 F)
Thanks!! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB? And the warm side of the tank should be warmer like in the 90's - cool side around 80's ---
Karrie

amberandmarshall

Original Poster
Hi Karrie,
Thanks for the quick reply! How can I go about raising the temp? Should I purchase a heat mat or add another heat bulb? I have a 100 W basking bulb and the UVB I've been using is a Thrive brand UVB 10-26 26W 120V. In the past I also used a Zoomed Reptisun 10.0 UVB 13W 120V but switched it out because the Thrive seemed brighter.
Thanks! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To be honest they are both no good-- I would get a 24" fixture w/ reflector and either a Reptisun 10.0 bulb T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb--- the basking bulb go up to 150 watt but make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get temps in his basking spot or you can raise decor piece- but I would get that UVB changed out- the thrive brand isn't very good you could switch it to a Reptisun 26 watt but you also need to have it 6-8 inches I believe from basking decor-- I don't have much faith in those coils and most on here recommend the tube bulbs--- if you need help finding bulbs or fixtures let me know they seem to be out on line every where
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom