Help me figure out what morph my BD is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csd1966

XIMG]
Hi, I am a new bearded dragon owner and I was wondering if anyone can help me determine what morph my young BD is?

108258-7427918631.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's a tiny little dragon, looks like a possible leatherback. If his nails are perfectly clear with no little line running through then he could also be a hypo. Where did you get such a tiny one ? Do you need any help with the set up ? Can you post a few pics of the set up here ?

csd1966

Original Poster
108258-5876930621.jpg

Hi. We got him at Pet Smart. We were going to go to a breeder, but my daughter saw him at the pet store and fell in love with him. I've heard mixed opinions about pet store beardies, but he seems very healthy and alert. We bought the 40gal habitat with 150watt basking and a UV light. We've been following the guidelines from this site. I was thinking leatherback, hypo or trans (solid black eyes) but I think he is too young for me to really tell, plus I can't really discern from the online pics of those types of morphs.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your set up looks very nice, glad to see that you didn't get the calcium sand, it's dangerous for babies because they can lick it up and become impacted. So it looks like you just have the small coil/compact uvb light . Those will not put out enough uvb. You're going to need a long tube uvb, either a Reptisun 10.0 t5 or Arcadia t5 12-14 %. So hunt for one of those at the store or online and that will make ensure that your baby gets enough uvb which is crucial .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom