Aggressive female beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had our two beardies our for a little leg stretch today; deedee our female dragon mounted our male dragon and tried taking bite out of his neck which we are understanding is an act of dominance
What I need to ask advice on really
Is; based on this act of aggression what are the odds that our male dragon will be able to breed with her?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Under those circumstances it might still happen but she is going to dictate whether it does or not. Aside from her dominance, he has to be in breeding mode so if he isn't then it won't happen.

HammondsHabitat

Original Poster
She pretty much dived on him, bit his neck and got on his back, then both beards were puffed out. I seperated them and he ran away, I put him straight back in the viv. There has been no head bobbing at all. About half hour after this I took him to her Viv and she started puffing her beard out slightly, he on the other hand did nothing. Think this may mean he doesn't fancy her ha ha.

HammondsHabitat

Original Poster
The female is a lot bigger than the male and has already laid eggs. 26 but all infertal as. They have both been to the vet too and when I told them they never corrected me. I'm as sure as I can be yea, even now its a little difficult to tell with the smaller one. They both glass surf but isn't that meaning they just want out?

HammondsHabitat

Original Poster
No. They have seperate Vivs and are also in seperate rooms. The last time I had them out together was a few months ago and they both kinda ignored each other. It's late for me, in the UK. So I'll double check the gender tomorrow, pretty sure he is male though. Everything else with them is fine. Eating a lot, pooping is all good and healthy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom