Markings/coloring

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
2 part question:

1. Do dragons keep the markings they have, into adulthood? We've been wondering if our girl will always have this "tie-fighter" on her head. ?
It has changed a bit but not much.
108070-4139445080.jpg
108070-1598284883.jpg

2. Is there much chance she could still turn out to be an orange? She has some "highlighting" of it, hard to get it to show in a pic though.
108070-9030583216.jpg

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
My girl was quite gray and stripey when we first got her. Now she's bright orange but still gorgeous. I guess, like any other animal, their appearance does change as they age.

Cersei when we first got her
108046-8774243560.jpg

Cersei now
108046-1609503012.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
WinFam01":1sp4detb said:
2 part question:

1. Do dragons keep the markings they have, into adulthood? We've been wondering if our girl will always have this "tie-fighter" on her head. ?
It has changed a bit but not much.
That answer is probably as good as any; some change more, some less, and some barely/not at all. To complicate things further, there's no way (I've ever heard/read about) to predict ahead of time.

Not much different than humans, really. Some are beautiful babies, but not so much as adults, and verse-vica.[/quote]

2. Is there much chance she could still turn out to be an orange? She has some "highlighting" of it, hard to get it to show in a pic though.
How old is she now? The older she is, the less likelihood of (further) change, e.g. ZᴀRDᴏZ is almost 8 months, and while he's "bearded" since very young, it has never turned black or even close. By this time, I don't think it ever will; the most he gets is some orange & grey banding along the bottom of his beard.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SarahGekkou":1yhe4iwu said:
My girl was quite gray and stripey when we first got her. Now she's bright orange but still gorgeous. I guess, like any other animal, their appearance does change as they age.

Thanks for your input. She is beautiful! She definitely looked more orange than ours as a baby, but I can hold out hope. :)

And OT, but what is that keyboard? I've never seen one with different color lights like that and it fascinated me! ?

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":mbmux8gs said:
That answer is probably as good as any; some change more, some less, and some barely/not at all. To complicate things further, there's no way (I've ever heard/read about) to predict ahead of time.

Not much different than humans, really. Some are beautiful babies, but not so much as adults, and verse-vica.

How old is she now? The older she is, the less likelihood of (further) change, e.g. ZᴀRDᴏZ is almost 8 months, and while he's "bearded" since very young, it has never turned black or even close. By this time, I don't think it ever will; the most he gets is some orange & grey banding along the bottom of his beard.

I figured, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. :)

She's about 5 months.

That's interesting! I did not know that some wouldn't get actual black beards.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
WinFam01":1amcm9tl said:
I figured, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. :)
True dat. :wink:

She's about 5 months.
Probably won't change much more. There's always Paint! :lol:
(Joke--please don't paint a lizard or inject disinfectants. :laughhard: )

That's interesting! I did not know that some wouldn't get actual black beards.
Imagine my surprise... I didn't know that either! :shock:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, most will change to some degree, some not much at all and others will change drastically. I raised a lot of babies that had a similar head pattern to yours [ O.P. ] I think that pattern also resemble a clown face to a degree. It's interesting to watch how each dragon will develop. Here is a baby, then a couple adults. You can see one adult lost the pattern, the other retained it for the most part.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30050/full

Head pattern gone :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30065/full

Still has pattern :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29908/full

As for black beards, most dragons, especially males, will display it for one reason or another at some point in there lives even without puffing it out. Here's a cranky girl displaying a black beard. :)

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29901/full

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
WinFam01":21jpln8b said:
Thanks for your input. She is beautiful! She definitely looked more orange than ours as a baby, but I can hold out hope. :)

And OT, but what is that keyboard? I've never seen one with different color lights like that and it fascinated me! ?

Thanks. It may have just been the lighting in that room though cause I swear she was much more gray than she looks in that picture. Lol
And it's my boyfriend's keyboard. He says it's a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, whatever that means. Tech isn't really my thing. Lol

On a side note, I took a picture of her sitting on MY keyboard about 4 months later just to compare her massive growth and change over such a short period of time. My keyboard's nothing fancy, but the pictures side by side get the point across. Lol
108046-8774243560.jpg
108046-5196049362.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
SarahGekkou":2ult2ue8 said:
WinFam01":2ult2ue8 said:
And it's my boyfriend's keyboard. He says it's a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, whatever that means.
Means it's an overpriced high-end gaming keyboard; likely has a thing that goes, "PING!". :roll:
You probably don't wanna know how much he paid for it. :shock:

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
MrSpectrum":2i5sk40a said:
SarahGekkou":2i5sk40a said:
WinFam01":2i5sk40a said:
And it's my boyfriend's keyboard. He says it's a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, whatever that means.
Means it's an overpriced high-end gaming keyboard; likely has a thing that goes, "PING!". :roll:
You probably don't wanna know how much he paid for it. :shock:
I've got a bad feeling about it, believe me. Especially knowing how much he paid for his THREE 4K MONITORS. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom