Will he be ok without lighting for a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I lost power today after a storm. It isn't usually out for several days so it should just be for today, but I have no way to turn on my baby's UVB or baking spot or heat his enclosure. I don't have anything in the way of heat packs in my house really...

Squish is just over 4 m/o. He usually waits to poop in the morning until I give him his daily bath, but I don't want to bathe him today if he can't warm up afterwards, so I'm also stressing about that.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
You can stop stressing--he'll be fine.
You weren't around for the great UVB debacle; when I first got mine, he went w/o UVB for a couple of weeks. He's almost 8 months now, and he's fine.

ECarroll25

Original Poster
Ok thanks haha. I can be a very...neurotic pet parent and he is my first reptile. Even though I did plenty of research before bringing him home I get worried very easily because I want to do it right! I was more worried about the heating issue but they actually fixed the power waaay sooner than I thought they would so it's all good lol.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
As far as heating goes, as long as your house temp doesn't fall below 60°-65°F, he'll be fine--probably just go to sleep.

ECarroll25":1ydw9ctr said:
I can be a very...neurotic pet parent and he is my first reptile. Even though I did plenty of research before bringing him home I get worried very easily because I want to do it right!
You're in good company. Sounds like most folks on this forum. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom