Sleeping outside of tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else let their beardie sleep outside of the tank? I have a beanbag next to my bed and I lay my laptop case flat on it, and my beardie always knocks out on it and it's the cutest thing. People always say that they put their beardie back in before they go to bed, but I always wake up before mine, so I can put him back in to warm up when he wakes up.

We have three FND's and they seem to like to sleep next to the wife as I work the night shift. My wife was worried about their warmth and hats a pad up, places it under a blanket, lays them on the warm blanket and they will fall asleep. An hour or so she (my wife) will wake up to put them in their own bed. They usually will stay asleep but, if they wake up in route to their bed they appear to have an attitude when you place them in their enclosure...LOL. It's the damnest thing.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ChrisKim1010047":2xufuqpa said:
Does anyone else let their beardie sleep outside of the tank?
I don't--other than his falling asleep on me watching TV--mostly because I'm concerned he might scurry off & hide someplace I couldn't find/retrieve him. I'm not as fast/agile as I used to be. :lol:

There was one time I fell asleep while he was asleep on me. When I woke up (it was less than an hour) he was still there--asleep--probably because I was the warmest surface around. :lol:

Other times, he's woken up from a snooze and made a bolt for it. :roll:

There's also a big friendly Ol' Furface in the equation. I'm not concerned he'd ever hurt the dragon--he's too gentle/shy, but the dragon might get scared/annoyed anyway, and again, scurry off & hide someplace I couldn't find/retrieve him. :dontknow:

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Mine usually falls asleep on me watching TV at night. I'll leave him there till the show/movie is over then bring him back to his tank. He'll wake up briefly when I peel him off me but as long as I've killed the lights in the room as soon as he's in his hammock he goes right back out for the night. I personally would be too afraid to let him sleep outside his tank for fear of him running off and hiding somewhere before I got up or god forbid he climbs into the bed as I'm a toss and turn all night and would probably squish him.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari hasn’t slept in her viv since she was about 4 months old. Once she stopped being rambunctious all the time, I started wrapping her in her very own blankets I bought from PamperedBeardies and Petco, and now she sleeps in a cat bed where my cat used to sleep. (My cat isn’t alive anymore, she’s been dead for many years, hence why I now have these cool pets that I’d classify as “kitty snacks.” I still wish my cat was alive, though, she slept next to me since I was a baby and my fifteenth birthday sucked because we had to have her put down the night before that because she was in full-blown kidney failure. Seeing the cat I knew since my own birth lying on the floor like that has haunted me to this day and I still cry when I think about it.
Dammit, now I’m crying.)

Oh, and I have sealed the door shut with towels and she can’t escape my room at all. She never moves when she’s in her bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom