Beardie “talking” in sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I am currently cuddling Marijke, my 5 month old bearded dragon. She doesn’t show signs of any RI, and her breathing is nice and clean - not even a crinkle sound to be heard when I place her on my ear.
She suddenly puffed up (while asleep) and hissed two times, which woke her up. She went back to normal, did her wiggle, and went back to sleep, but does anyone else have beardies who “talk” in their sleep? I know beardies experience REM, so I just wanted to see if anyone else has sleep talkers ?.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Beardies can't "talk" (no vocal chords) so I don't see how they could talk in their sleep.
What you describe seems more like somnambulance (sleepwalking), which does not occur during REM.
https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/somnambulance

(som-nam'byū-lizm), 1. A disorder of sleep involving complex motor acts that occurs primarily during the first third of the night but not during REM sleep. Synonym(s): oneirodynia activa, sleepwalking, somnambulance.
There have been scientific papers on Bearded Dragons experiencing REM.
While there seems to be quite a bit of anecdotal evidence of Bearded Dragons sleepwalking, I don't find any scientific papers on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom