Bearded dragon constantly trying to climb his glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so my bearded dragon is constantly full of energy? I’ve started taking him out, or attempting to, but every time I take him out he stops getting excited, and just goes around on the floor trying to eat things. He keeps consistently biting the floor and licking as if there’s something there but it’s just hardwood. It’s not like i’m not feeding him, but he treats it like i’m starving him!

And during the day, he’ll wake me up early to begin glass surfing at atrocious hours— it’s like as soon as he wakes up he wants to get energy out— but he does it all day. I’m getting a little worried, but it doesn’t seem to be a pressing issue. I’m just not sure if something may be wrong?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lighting please tell us what you using for UVB be specific brand bulb coil or tube where in the tank ? Basking temps what are they how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate and only give ambient temps-- what are you feeding? Is he an adult or baby?
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ashtonlubin":2124jhvk said:
Hi, so my bearded dragon is constantly full of energy? I’ve started taking him out, or attempting to, but every time I take him out he stops getting excited, and just goes around on the floor trying to eat things. He keeps consistently biting the floor and licking as if there’s something there but it’s just hardwood. It’s not like i’m not feeding him, but he treats it like i’m starving him!
Tasting things is how they explore & relate to the world, like dogs sniffing (and tasting). Just make sure that everything he comes in contact with is "beardie safe" and he'll be fine.

And during the day, he’ll wake me up early to begin glass surfing at atrocious hours— it’s like as soon as he wakes up he wants to get energy out— but he does it all day. I’m getting a little worried, but it doesn’t seem to be a pressing issue. I’m just not sure if something may be wrong?
Sounds like he's a morning person, and you're not. :lol:

Young dragon (under 18 months)? They go through phases like kids & other living things. They're also individuals--they're the same... but different. Count your blessings; I think I'd rather have an energetic young dragon than a listless, do nothing all day lump of lizard. :)

How old/big is he, and what size enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom