Stuck shed or yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bathing my baby beardie and saw some yellow spots on him. I ran my finger over the one on his face and it was hard and wouldn't really more unlike the other side. Before anyone asks he's about 5 month old in a 20 gallon long tank with a 100w basking bulb and 10.0 UVB bulb the temperature is often high 80s to low 90s. His diet is mustard greens, red cabbage, cricket, and mealworms all have calcium and D3 supplements.
107482-9620818062.jpg
107482-8066493300.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like some shed -- but we need to have some others look for sure - -- you will need to upgrade your tank here soon - he wont be in the 20 gallon long along w/ the UVB is it a coil your using now?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yep and what size tank please? Never mind 20 gallon ok he isnt going to be in that tank long so I would recommend looking for a bigger tank - 40+ gallon or recommended size 75-120 gallon --- you going to haft to upgrade the lighting and get rid of the coil - they are bad especially in larger tanks they do NO good --- I would recommend a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --- you can find them on this website
www.pangeareptiles.com or www.petmountain.com I would recommend not going thru Amazon I hear the shipping is horribly slow now like weeks out --- if you need help finding a tank I can post websites for new ones or you can try FB marketplace and craigslist if you find one there make sure you sanitize it real good w/ either Zoo Med wipeout or some F10 and you can get that off Ebay
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can get your UVB now and set it on top of your 20 gallon long -- I had one set up for Blaze when I first got him I can show you how I had it set up till I got him into his 4x2x2 tank -- I had a 18" T 8 on him if you like

Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom