Strange Situation - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
So I'm curious what other people think. I got my beardie from the local reptile specialty store near my home that takes in rescues and finds them homes. He was surrendered (actually abandoned) at the store and I saw him while I was taking a friend for feeders. They told me the story and I took him home with me that day (3 days after he was dropped off). The other day the owner of the store contacted me (he has my number because I get all my supplies through him) and said the original owners were back and wondering if they could get him back. He told them probably not but he'd contact me. I told the store owner no F'ing way! I'm completely attached to him now. He's my little bro and when I'm home he's always with me. So now he asks if I'd mind bringing him into the store for a visit (with the old owners). And I'm not too keen on that either because if they try anything I'd have to send people to the ER (like I said I'm completely attached to him). What do you all think? I understand things in life happen and we are sometimes forced to make decisions we don't want but my feelings are you abandoned him so FU! They also threw out the old we'll reimburse you all the money you spent on him but the money isn't the issue. I did offer to send photos of him to show he's being well cared for and loved but bringing him back to visit makes me uneasy.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Offering photos is enough of a compromise. I would not be comfortable bringing *MY* bearded dragon to see the person they used to live with. And literally, she was rehomed (lady never asked to have visits because she has common decency). I've sent pictures.

There are too many worst case scenarios that can happen with an animal that can fit in a bag or pocket. Too risky to your dragon. He needs to focus on his new home with you

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Forget that, I would cut all contact with the old owners, and make it clear to the petstore owner that you feel that way.

I wouldn't even be sending pictures. I would stop any relationship right away before it gets a chance to grow into something you have less control over.

You said he was "abandoned". They had their chance, and they've made their decision.

That's what I think at least.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Me too they dont deserve to have him back --- you dont do that to an animal -- and why all of a sudden change of heart?????????????? Nope dont do anything to have contact or relationship w/ these people --
Karrie

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Appreciate everyones' thoughts. I guess I was just looking to make sure I wasn't being an ass or anything. Told the store owner hell no to it all and would like zero contact with them. He said no problem and he'd pass along my wishes.

The only thing I will say is asking the pet store owner why they abandoned their animal. If they were sick due to coronavirus, or sick due to cancer or something of that effect I might make a concession to let them see the beard. But Barring anything that’s like majorly life damaging, no. Family loss, the owner died in the family wants him back maybe. But just abandon them is not cool. They lost their rights. The same as a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom