Beardie Enrichment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I have a 10 month old female, and I've seen plenty of videos of dragons fighting their reflection, playing with tennis balls, cat toys, and stuffed animals, etc. I've tried all of these things, but she just doesn't seem to get it. Is there are reason she doesn't understand any of these things? Are female bearded dragons less likely to play?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

All dragons are different really! Some like to just relax, and others act like they need medication to calm down LOL!
Part of the joys of dragon owning, they are all different.

That being said, maybe you just need to find her thing.
Is she very active right now or does she kind of just lay around her tank all day?

Is your husbandry OK and her diet ok? She will obviously need those things in order to have the energy to be a wild child.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I start letting my young dragons have supervised floor fun time from when they reach 100g in body mass.

A daily snuggle from their human slaves and being able watch us ( and the TV ) is good too for enrichment.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
There are still other ways of providing enrichment:
bearded dragon enrichment :wink:

My male (7 mo.) doesn't "get" toys either, but boy, does he love to climb and play, "the floor is lava"--figuring out ways of doing laps around the enclosure while never touching the substrate. (He did/does this all by himself--not sure there's any way teach it.) Moving stuff around provides him with more opportunities/ways to explore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom