Clear nails

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my girl has one clear nail on the small toes of all her feet, so she as for clear nail in total. Does that mean she may have some Hypo in her genetics?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dragons can be het for hypo without showing any signs at all. The only way to know for sure would be to breed the dragon and see what the babies come out as.

Having 1 or 2 clear nails is no indicator of 100% being het for hypo.

-Brandon

NewBeardyOwner

Original Poster
Claudiusx":xwq7uovf said:
Dragons can be het for hypo without showing any signs at all. The only way to know for sure would be to breed the dragon and see what the babies come out as.

Having 1 or 2 clear nails is no indicator of 100% being het for hypo.

-Brandon

She has 4, one on each foot

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I will rephrase - Having anything other than 100% clear nails means the dragon isn't a visual hypo :)

Even if the dragon has only 1 black nail and 19 clear nails, that clearly shows that the black pigment is present in the dragon, which means the dragon is not hypomelanistic. As hypomelanistic is specifically a morph in which the dragon lacks that darker pigments in the body.

A dragon with the darkest of dark nails can still be het for hypo. But like I said, you would have no proof of that until you bred the dragon and took note of the offsprings genetics.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom