Just not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about a 6 month old beardie, and I have to go on a family camping trip with no one to take care of him. All of my neighbors are elderly and just not fans of lizards. Now with the COVID-19 virus, I don't have anyone to really come since my whole state is on a shelter in place order (still have to go camping though). Is it possible for me to just leave a lot of food for him and put a bunch of crickets in there or what... Also, my lights are on a timer s no worries about that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No crickets will bite your dragon and can cause an infection ------- the lights are fine but feeding is going to be an issue especially w/ him being so young ---- I would call a Rescue center see if they can take are of him or maybe advertise on your local vets board for babysitting him --- but you cannot go off and leave him - how long are you going to be gone? I did not think camping places were even open now
Karrie

monster4567

Original Poster
Probably no longer than 2 1/2 days. Also where we go camping is still open, it's way back in the woods.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Some others on here might have some ideas for you on how to feed
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Have your lights on a timer so they automatically shut off and on as for veggies if u leave a bunch in there they will go bad and will attract fruit flys which they can eat but you dont want to have something wild give your baby a parasite it also raises humidity when left in the tank as for my set up i have a bio with isopods and dubias in the enclosure so if i left for a few days no way he would hunt them all . Carrots can last longer then most greens same as bell pepper not the best veggies but an option if he eats those . I wouldnt leave a water bowl in there as he might poop in it. I have live plants in mine so if i where to leave she would have vegitation and insects. i Say buy a few live plants and you can leave them in the pot they came in. How long will you be gone? That matters alot a bulb could burn out or anything . Their will be a ton of poop unpicked up Thats why in my opinion bio is best the cleaner crew cleans up poop and shes and still has bugs and plants to endulge in

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
2 and a half days really isn't that bad. Keep your lights on a timer, give him a good meal before you leave, and leave him a large salad. If you have an escape proof dish, you can fill it with some worms too. But he will likely just gorge himself on it the first day lol.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom