Peeling shedding skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmullins1

Hey Y'all,

My boyfriend and I have a 6 month old beardie, her name is Dino. I am the one that usually takes care of her, such as feeding, giving baths, cleaning her tank. ANYWAYS, my boyfriend was giving her a bath and peeled back some of her shedding skin. I forgot to tell him not to do that. :roll: Will Dino be okay? I know that is something that you're not suppose to do. She seems fine, theres no blood or open skin.

pmullins1

Original Poster
UPDATE: I just looked at her skin and it kinda looks dry. Is that normal? Should I spray her with some water?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I expect Dino will be fine; just keep an eye on that area of skin for signs of irritation/infection. :wink:

BF, however, is a different matter. You must find a proportionately sized patch of skin from the same area on his body that he peeled off of Dino's, and peel it off of him using blow torch & pliers. You must then find an appropriately sized & shaped hunk of 2x4, and beat him soundly with it within an inch of his life. :D

I've been advised that I have to inform you and anyone reading this that the above paragraph is meant in jest, i.e, "That's a JOKE, son--a JOKE; a real knee-slapper!" :laughing6: :lol: :laughhard:

But BF owes you. Milk it for whatever you can... lizard-sitting, nice dinner-date out, candy/flowers, beardie-safe potted plant (not beardie-safe pot plant), new car... :D

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
pmullins1":2omupwr1 said:
UPDATE: I just looked at her skin and it kinda looks dry. Is that normal? Should I spray her with some water?
A pic or pics might help there, so we can see what we're talking about. :wink:
If you can, try to include a macro/closeup shot of the relevant area.

Spritz/spray w/ water (I use distilled, but whatever you give her a bath/soak in) if you like, or just give her a soak. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom