What morph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Can any one tell me what morph red is and if its rare hes leather back with normal black and white nails his eyes are also black his main color is dark orange his back is kind of brownish tan

107025-4028061372.jpg

107025-808773092.jpg

107025-9437591931.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
It looks to me like he may be a leatherback, but that's better determined by touch/feel than appearance. Is his back rough & warty, or leathery?

With black nails, he's not hypomelanistic.

Solid black eyes may indicate he's translucent.

AFAIK, none of the above are "rare".

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

You have a trans leatherback. I can't see the eyes very clearly, but if they are pure black, then you have a trans.
It also looks like you have a bit of a genetic stripe going on too. Although it's not a very strong genetic stripe, you could still consider yours a trans leather genetic stripe. With some more selective breeding, your dragon would probably eventually lead to a viable genetic stripe breeding program.

Of course if you're not interested in breeding, I would forget about the GS label, and simply call him a trans leather :)

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that he looks like a trans./leatherback. Leatherback is easily identified just by viewing the animal.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Claudiusx":2ovtcsqz said:
Hi there,

You have a trans leatherback. I can't see the eyes very clearly, but if they are pure black, then you have a trans.
It also looks like you have a bit of a genetic stripe going on too. Although it's not a very strong genetic stripe, you could still consider yours a trans leather genetic stripe. With some more selective breeding, your dragon would probably eventually lead to a viable genetic stripe breeding program.

Of course if you're not interested in breeding, I would forget about the GS label, and simply call him a trans leather :)

-Brandon
The whole eye is fully black or just the iris or pupil?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, it's whatever you want really lol. There are no set standards for color descriptions; Because they are just that, descriptions.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom