Dreaming Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

One night (3 in the morning) I was going to bed and saw my bearded dragons back end was hanging off of the hammock he likes to sleep on, so I as gently as I could moved him to be more comfortable, and this woke him up. Obviously since hes a bearded dragon, this meant that he got very angry with me and gave me the most hateful look I have ever gotten from him (he forgot about it in the morning when I gave him 5 full sized discords however) before he fell back asleep very shortly after. about 5 minutes later as I'm about to fall asleep I hear rapid scratching that freaks me out until I realized it was my beardie. Curious as to why he's having mortal combat with the side of his tank I pet him on the head only to find out his just as asleep as he was the last time I checked on him (he is a very very heavy sleeper). So I go on my phone and look up if bearded dragons can dream as it reminded me of when a dog or other animal starts running in their sleep like in the popular video of the dog. I learned that they can dream and have REM and all of that important dreaming stuff and that scientist are studying them to try and learn more about if they do dream and if we can learn anything from them about ourselves. Thinking I just saw a prime example of this I looked up bearded dragons moving in their sleep and couldn't find anything about it and eventually fell asleep. So to get to the point and end this very long post that I could have easily made much shorter; Has anyone else ever seen their bearded dragon start moving in their sleep like they were having a dream? I am especially convinced this was him dreaming because I for one dream much much more when I am woken up and fall back to sleep I've come to find out. Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My dragon does that quite a bit. They do appear to have dreams and move around a bit while they are sleeping in reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom