Morphs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Hi everybody.

So I think Pancake and Forrest will be having babies. Eggs are currently incubating at the reptile shop.

I have some family members and friend that are wanting some of the eggs so I'm trying to figure out my babies colors/genetics.

I know Pancake is a normal beardie, but I'm wondering if she has a color morph or Not?? She is from Petco and labelled as an "Assorted bearded dragon" she was between $100-110.
107227-2611401757.jpg

Forrest is a leather back who is red. Do I describe him as a red leatherback? Or Tangerine, etc.
107227-2844638210.jpg

Thanks for opinions and thoughts

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Colors really aren't considered morphs. Just traits. And whatever you choose to use to describe their color is just that, a description :)

So the female would be a normal morph, and the male a leatherback.

So the babies will be a mix of leathers and normals. :)

You can describe the dad as a red leatherback if you want. You can describe him as any color description you want that matches the color he has. There really are no set rules and guidelines on color descriptions.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Along with Brandon's reply, some of the babies will be leatherbacks and some will be normal scaled. You can tell right out of the egg, it can be a little harder for a first time owner like yourself but as they grow over the first 3-4 weeks you'll probably find it easier to identify which is which. :)

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok Thanks.

I always thought Pancake was a Citrus Tiger dragon cause she has the grey spots near her sides. But I have no idea so I didn't want to just say that without it being true.

And I know there's a 50/50 chance of the babies being normal or leather back so I'm hoping for some of each but who knows.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Citrus tigers have been around for well over 25 years, the originater of the world famous lines is Draggintails, check out the story and the dragons. Scroll down to the info on citrus tigers.

https://draggintails.net/available-dragons

Because of how prolific their breeding was and has been, their genetics may be mixed with many of today's dragons. Some dragons have a bold pattern that does not come from Draggintail's stock, but whatever they are , they are attractive. And yes you will definitely have some leatherbacks hatching. :)

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure after viewing the website :/
Cause Pancake has the blue-ish marks on her back near the sides like Citrus tigers, but the babies are very red/Orange and have the circle spots on both sides if their spines.

Compared, Pancake is more of a orange/yellow and her circle spots connect down her spine.

Here is an image of her pretty colors when she was a youngin. She is definitely more yellow now than when she was little though
107227-2190170400.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, lots of dragons have the attractive tiger markings. Babies will change as they get older, some will retain a pattern while others will lose it. Same with color, it may change, may become brighter or duller.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi everybody.

I recently noticed that Forrest has 1 light brown see through nail on each of his front feet. The rest of the nails are normal black nails.

Does this mean he may have some sort of genetic difference from my citrus tigers??? (Also found out he is a red tiger after taking him outside ?)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The color of the line in the nails can vary , it's all normal. And taking a dragon out in the sun can always bring out the best color. It can be amazing to see. :)

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks!

I wasn't sure if maybe he had a hypo gene or something, but I know they have clear nails which is why I wanted to ask.

Btw the babies hatched yesterday and the store said we have more than 8 and quite a few leatherbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom