Curious about morph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone!

Sorry if this topic gets annoying. I was curious what morph my Link is? I got him at a pet store and they have no way to tell what kind he is. He has clear nails, yellow orange eyes. His body seems to have weird color pattern. His head is orange and the rest of his body is like a sand color with lavender like stripes and orange splotches? I’ve tried determining on research but I don’t know if I’m right. I’ve included pictures of him in the sun.

106536-1150775473.jpg

106536-9487735764.jpg

106536-2332824338.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

He looks to be a hypo, although there were really no good pictures of his nails. Are his nails completely clear?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Coloring isn't really a morph though, so you can describe his color however you want :)

-Brandon

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":93ba9cu9 said:
Hi there,

He looks to be a hypo, although there were really no good pictures of his nails. Are his nails completely clear?

-Brandon

Hello!
Yes his nails are completely clear. Does the pattering of his colors matter? He doesn’t seem to be an overall color, it’s hard to describe. Sorry for my ignorance. ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If his nails are clear than he is a hypo :)

Coloring and that stuff are more so a trait than a morph. A morph is a genetic deviation from normal. So you can understand how a normal dragon can come in a multitude of colors. It is still a normal as long as it doesn't have any genetic changes such as being a hypo, a translucent, a leatherback, etc.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
It looks to me like a significant portion of him is in early shed, which would account for the hazy body & leg coloring.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":266xymve said:
It looks to me like a significant portion of him is in early shed, which would account for the hazy body & leg coloring.

I honestly feel like he’s constantly shedding somewhere on his body. Don’t know if that’s normal.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
PathfinderMom91":2zmt1z13 said:
I honestly feel like he’s constantly shedding somewhere on his body. Don’t know if that’s normal.
Yup, perfectly normal--especially while they're growing. I've never seen my entire dragon when some part or other wasn't shedding. Most of the time (until this current cycle) he looks like a panda. :lol:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice looking critter . :) He could be shedding or that may be his natural tone. Some beardies have a more vibrant colored head than the rest of the body .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom