Habitrail for Beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I knew they made clear PVC, I also knew it was expensive. However I've never looked up what 12' D clear PVC costs lol.

It is coming. It had to ship freight, I told the shipper that the receiving party will be paying the freight. (sorry, It takes up the whole truck...)

-Brandon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
MrSpectrum":1fzacmsw said:
JumpinJellyfish":1fzacmsw said:
Don't they make habitrails for ferrets?
I don't really know... hold da phone... OK, not that I can find. I did find flexible tunnels like those used in dog agility (only smaller) and this but it doesn't specify the diameter--only the length. And if you can't see your beardie scampering through it... I'm not sure it would be as satisfying (not for me, anyway :roll: ).

Clear PVC pipe & fittings are made, and apparently, it can be gotten in 12" dia. Two 5' lengths for $1,284.89 :laughhard:

Brandon, still awaiting your check or pipe donation! :laughing6:

Oh being able to see them is definitely a requirement. Yikes on those prices! LOL

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Got a tube. See through. Big enough to turn around in.

She completely ignored it....I tried!

103228-3942588247.jpg
103228-6968670417.jpg
^These pics are back to back. My phone did an auto lighten for 1st pic but not the 2nd

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
DorgEndo":1siffrre said:

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":267c5m1b said:

Did you try putting her in one end and some super worms at the other? :laughing6:

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1ev7vguy said:
DorgEndo":1ev7vguy said:

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.
61dad163c8fb3ca3579d2c1e6e0fd531.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I swore I would never do that to a lizard--before I got him.

I humiliated my dogs enough every Halloween.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Tomorrow can be a new day to try. It was a bit late so I didn't want bugs so close to bedtime. I'm a strict Beardie parent, no bugs before bed, lol

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":2k7hmigq said:
Tomorrow can be a new day to try. It was a bit late so I didn't want bugs so close to bedtime. I'm a strict Beardie parent, no bugs before bed, lol
Well, of course, though sometimes Z doesn't eat all the roaches in his bowl (the ones that are playing possum) and my thinking he had eaten them, they got left overnight. Still there (alive & kickin') the next morning, he doesn't seem to notice them until breakfast time, when there's fresh salad for them to move around like hermit crabs.

There have also been times he has eaten just before "lights out" but I haven't ever noticed any ill-effects; he just basks the next morning and digests them then.

It's not something I'd recommend, but it's not something I'm concerned about either. In the wild, they're opportunity hunters--gotta eat when the bugz are available, or they may be gone, and who knows when the next meal will wander by...

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Love the BatBeardie! ❤ Hate to admit I must have spent at least 4 hrs on etsy a couple days ago, looking at beardie stuff! So adorable! So easy to go broke! ?
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":a6e95yg0 said:
Love the BatBeardie! ❤ Hate to admit I must have spent at least 4 hrs on etsy a couple days ago, looking at beardie stuff! So adorable! So easy to go broke! ?
-Dee
DW sews, quilts, crochets, & more, but we're not going there.
The first indignity I subjected our first dog (together) to was taping a long zipper to his back on Halloween, and telling everyone he was our cat in a dog suit.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
MrSpectrum":7g3nehll said:
DragonPete":7g3nehll said:
-Dee
DW sews, quilts, crochets, & more, but we're not going there.
The first indignity I subjected our first dog (together) to was taping a long zipper to his back on Halloween, and telling everyone he was our cat in a dog suit.
LOL! What a great imagination! Love that!
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I didn't mention what happened when I tried to tape a smaller zipper onto the cat's back, but you can probably imagine. Cats have no sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom