Stuck Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
For about a week and a half my beardie's has had shed stuck under his arm and on his head. I have seen people use a toothbrush but am I like nervous to because he is a baby. What should I do?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
The toothbrushes most people use are the very soft ones meant for babies, so you could try that with just very gentle brushing (not scrubbing) in a warm bath, if your beardie doesn't seem to mind too much. :0)

Hey I also recommend a shed aid spray and spray everyday on the area and rub nicely with finger keep doing it and within a week or two or even less it should be gone

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, a lingering shed is very common, especially as beardies get larger and with adults it's actually the norm. This can happen with babies as well. Beardies shed in stages and unless there is retained shed on the tail end or on the toes that restricts blood flow ,[ usually it has the appearance almost of a small rubber band that is almost embedded ] then there's no need to worry. But if your beardie enjoys a short warm soak then there's nothing wrong with giving it a little spa treatment, other than that it's nothing at all to worry about.
Can you post a couple pics of your guy ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom