Pet Store Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBeck

107356-5638905330.jpg
107356-1760493736.jpg
Been wanting a Dragon for awhile. Walked in PetSmart and saw this little thing. Couldn't resist anymore. Already had a 40 breeder set up...lol
107356-9142125831.jpg
Couple questions:
1. The little guy is 8" long. What would be a decent guess on age?
2. Was very orange almost Terra Cotta. I assume this is still considered a normal coloration, not a "Morph" of some kind? All the others were sand/tan colored.
Pictures in 2 different lights...
The 2 in the cage are probably a truer color. Back also has blue,gray spots that aren't showing well.
Thoughts welcome!

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
I'm not an expert on morphs, but if he has clear nails that would mean he's hypomelanistic! I can't tell if he does from the pictures, but he does have pretty light colors so it's possible! Unfortunately I can't be much help on the age, but I hope this helps with at least one of your questions! :)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
McBeck":2nfrf1jm said:
Couple questions:
1. The little guy is 8" long. What would be a decent guess on age?
2. Was very orange almost Terra Cotta. I assume this is still considered a normal coloration, not a "Morph" of some kind?
1. Best guess: 6-7 weeks
2. "Normal" or wild colorations are generally brownish/grayish. I'd be very surprised if it isn't a combination of several morphs; virtually all BDs sold today are.

McBeck

Original Poster
The nails are very tiny, but they seem to be clear. I really can't see them at all. His coloration is what caught my eye in the 1st place.
Came in for dog food, went home with food, Dragon and a couple of light bulbs on Valentines Day.
Wife was a little surprised lol

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
McBeck":gmazvamk said:
Came in for dog food, went home with food, Dragon and a couple of light bulbs on Valentines Day.
I'll bet she was, especially if it was a complete surprise/your first reptile.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Love of my life! It's a.... lizard!" :p

I'd also bet divorce proceedings have been started over less. :roll:

McBeck

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":8sei3akt said:
McBeck":8sei3akt said:
I'll bet she was, especially if it was a complete surprise/your first reptile.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Love of my life! It's a.... lizard!" :p

I'd also bet divorce proceedings have been started over less. :roll:
SHe knew I had been doing my research, but yes, "Surprise!" was pretty much how it went...

McBeck

Original Poster
AHBD":1az5bixu said:
The new baby looks very healthy. :) What's his/her name ?
No name as of yet. Not sure of sex either. Seems to be very healthy, good appetite, no veggies though. 1st Vet appointment next week. Just want to make sure that it has no parasites or anything.
My Grand baby is coming for a visit this weekend. I told her to think of a few names she likes. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

McBeck

Original Poster
DragonPete":1mtyqpzm said:
No matter the genes, he is certainly adorable! ?
-Dee
Exactly! He/she has been a real pleasure so far, I'm sorry I didn't get one years ago.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Martadragon017":2tod622g said:
I'm not an expert on morphs, but if he has clear nails that would mean he's hypomelanistic! I can't tell if he does from the pictures, but he does have pretty light colors so it's possible! Unfortunately I can't be much help on the age, but I hope this helps with at least one of your questions! :)
4 of my bearded dragon's nails are clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom