Story Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
BeardedDragonSteve":21k6k4lz said:
Me: Ok Smaug lets read a book.
Smaug: Immediately runs away after I said book.
Lol! Time to break out the tablet and watch some YT Dragon vids. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
MrSpectrum":1ht09ne1 said:
Gormagon":1ht09ne1 said:
Wow!!!!! I haven't heard that term in years!!!!

Book????????
SMACK! :twisted:
Books? I think that was the ancestor to the, what is it? Amazon Kindle? Lol! ?
Just kidding! I still read ? BOOKS! Nothing like the smell of old paper and holding print in hand, actually turning pages! OMG! ?
-Dee

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DragonPete":idiys59r said:
MrSpectrum":idiys59r said:
Gormagon":idiys59r said:
Wow!!!!! I haven't heard that term in years!!!!

Book????????
SMACK! :twisted:
Just kidding! I still read ? BOOKS! Nothing like the smell of old paper and holding print in hand, actually turning pages! OMG! ?
-Dee
Yes, I know what a book is but, in the 70's "Book" was a slang term for LEAVE QUICKLY!!!! Yes, I am telling my age just a bit.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
DragonPete":1hur8uo9 said:
What's a kindle? :? Another case of life imitating STAR TREK.
(Yes, I still have an original, "All I Need to Know About Life I Learned from STAR TREK" poster, parodying the BOOK, All I Really Need to Know I Learned from Watching Star Trek.)

And yes (talk about dating oneself Gormagon), I can clearly remember watching the very first broadcast of ST:TOS at 9 pm on Thursday, September 8, 1966 on NBC (of course back then it was just STAR TREK, and I know Canada got to see it 2 days earlier).* My mom had a thing for Mr. Spock. :roll:

* And I don't even consider myself a Trekkie. Those people are Nuckin' Futz (and need to "GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show!") :laughhard:

Any book I read to ZaRDoZ would have to ascribe to the "Sometimes the Dragon Wins" philosophy.
No... scratch that (this forum software really needs the strikethrough tab).
Any book I read to ZaRDoZ would have to ascribe to the "The Dragon ALWAYS Wins" philosophy.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Actually, it's a bit of comfort/reassurance that not everyone here is a friggin' KID.

Dictionary

_____(friggin') kid
________________/kid/

noun

___1. anyone younger than me.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":1ifqqn6i said:
Wow I was gone for like 2 days and this post is booming.
You're a great story teller, you start it and it takes on a life of it's own, lol!!!!

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
But this generation of bearded dragons. Bah humbug these young whippersnappers need to go outside more and read more books. Otherwise next generation will be even worse. Back in my day they did not have these fancy high tech habitats, they had old school aquariums (I am not actually really old, just some more funny writing for you all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom