Bearded dragon bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali4004

I’ve heard not to give your bearded dragon a bath in a kitchen sink of bathtub. I got a container to give mine a bath in. Where do you guys usually dump the water once you’re done?

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
The toilet. Especially since there is a good chance a dragon will poop in the bath

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
+1

It's also not a bad idea to disinfect whatever you're using following each bath.
Thorough washing with soap & water should do it, or if you want to dig a little deeper...

What will disinfect salmonella? (Clorox wipes will kill Salmonella and Pinworm eggs)
What will disinfect adenovirus?

I'm not comfortably sure Clorox wipes will kill adenovirus. Perhaps some else knows for sure with a link(?)

I list these two because when I asked my herp veterinarian if there were anything to be concerned about contracting from a BD, he mentioned these two. They are primarily transmitted through feces, though salmonella (at least) can also be transmitted though a bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom