Incense burning smell

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Incense burning smell

Postby CrunchyBeardedBaby » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:13 am

Hi! So I have a baby bearded dragon around 4 months and I know that you can’t burn incense around them, however I use a backflip incense burner in my room and I was wondering if it’s safe to bring it in my room (where she lives) while she’s hanging out in a separate room and then turn on the fan and open windows and air dry the room out of any smoke (though it doesn’t make much) but the scent will still be there. Is the scent okay?
CrunchyBeardedBaby
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Incense burning smell

Postby DragonPete » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:29 am

That's an excellent question! Being a newbie, I don't have an educated answer but think that Beardies probably have a strong sense of smell like other reptiles. Seems like clearing out the room of smoke, etc would be ok but hope someone with the knowledge could let us both know their opinion on this.
-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Juvie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Incense burners create an aerosol of smelly oils and impregnated soot.

Bearded dragons being very tasty feely critters lick everything , so they are likely to ingest any residue left on the surfaces even after the incense burner has been extinguished , many of these oils are toxic .

If in doubt , don't.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Cheakie (subadult M) Nov 2019, Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby DragonPete » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:39 am

kingofnobbys wrote:
If in doubt , don't.

Now that certainly makes sense! 👍
-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Juvie Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:41 pm

+1

If you can smell it, you're (and they're) ingesting it. Same with vaping.
MrSpectrum
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion