Incense burning smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! So I have a baby bearded dragon around 4 months and I know that you can’t burn incense around them, however I use a backflip incense burner in my room and I was wondering if it’s safe to bring it in my room (where she lives) while she’s hanging out in a separate room and then turn on the fan and open windows and air dry the room out of any smoke (though it doesn’t make much) but the scent will still be there. Is the scent okay?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
That's an excellent question! Being a newbie, I don't have an educated answer but think that Beardies probably have a strong sense of smell like other reptiles. Seems like clearing out the room of smoke, etc would be ok but hope someone with the knowledge could let us both know their opinion on this.
-Dee

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Incense burners create an aerosol of smelly oils and impregnated soot.

Bearded dragons being very tasty feely critters lick everything , so they are likely to ingest any residue left on the surfaces even after the incense burner has been extinguished , many of these oils are toxic .

If in doubt , don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom