Is our new baby a dunner morph or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
107187-3721382544.jpg
Being new to the beardie life we bought him for Christmas was told he was a fancy beardie. Really needing to know what exact type of beardie we have. We purchased him from PetSmart which when we purchased he was less than 4 wks old biggest mistake ever. But since being home and to vet the lil guy/gal has been great.
107187-8994136424.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Haha :) I see the pictures now :)

Based on the pictures, your little dude doesn't have any visual morphs present.

He's not a hypo, he is not a leatherback, not a zero or witblits, he doesn't appear to be trans, and he most likely isn't a dunner.

Typically the dunners have a bit different of a pattern, and as they get bigger you can really tell with the scale differences, but I own a couple dunners and im about 100% sure yours isn't.
Plus, we haven't seen any dunners come out of petsmart, at least yet.

So honestly I think yours is just a standard dragon, no morphs. I'm not sure how petsmart decides whether or not a dragon is "fancy" but it's really not a term used by any reputable breeders.

All that being said, he still is super cute! And looks very happy to be out of petsmart and with you! :D

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What's his name? You should make him an intro thread in the introductions section or a thread in the beardie tales section so we can follow along with him :)

You can always get another dragon from a good breeder down the road when you are more experienced and comfortable around them :)

Many petstore dragons end up growing up to look really quite beautiful. He looks like a sweetie either way.

-Brandon

Drakodadragon

Original Poster
My oldest son named him "Drako" from the movie "Dragon heart". I am a huge fan of dragons anyway love them so I probably will get another dragon sometime down the road from an actual breeder.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I'm with brandon on this one. I have a Citrus Leatherback Dunner and, a Common Dragon, I love them both.
Morphs or no morphs they are still little cuddlebugs!!! Just love little Draco for what he is.

87978-6062888168.jpg

Drakodadragon

Original Poster
Yes he is a little cuddle bug he gets a bit fiesty when taking him out but he loves to explore once his out of his vivarium. I really just want to know how to tke great and excellent care of him regardless of morph or not so any help is greatly appreciated.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom