Baby giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesskahmorgan

My youngest beardie was born in september and I got him the 20th of october. At this time he was barely as big as my pinky finger. Two weeks after I got him he was as big as my index finger not including his tail. Currently, as of yesterday he is 16 inches long. He is barely 5 1/2 months old so I feel as though this is abnormally large. I know he is a morph or a combination of them but I bought him at a reptile rally and they were not specific about what kind. I have only ever owned ordinary bearded dragons, and I have certainly never raised one from a hatchling. So if anyone can help me with this subject, I would greatly appreciate it. My real question is how much bigger is he going to get haha. Also if anyone can tell what he may be, that would also be helpful. The first picture was taken two weeks after I got him, the second one was January 5th and I will post a current one shortly.
107168-7039272720.jpg
107168-6573761841.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He has definitely grown! He may have some German giant genetics in him perhaps.
Time will tell just how big he will get but if he stays on par he will likely be over 20
inches in length. He is a handsome boy indeed! :D

Tracie

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
You are not alone. I thought my dragons growth rate wasn’t normal either, but was assured by people here that it was fine, that they all grow at different rates.
Kai grew like crazy from the moment I got him. It seemed he doubled in size every month. At one point I spent $300 in one month on dubias keeping up with his never ending appetite. Kai is now 7 months old, 19’ long, and weighs 400 grams. He has leveled out. He is still growing, but it is much slower than he was before.
3 months (When we first got him)
105680-6933156168.jpg
4 months
105680-5073687308.jpg
5 months
105680-3688280103.jpg
6 months
105680-8958575520.jpg
7 months
105680-6874201866.jpg

jesskahmorgan

Original Poster
Whew. Glad I'm not the only one. I assume it's a good thing since to grow that much they would have to be healthy. Arlo eats so much it's ridiculous. I order worms by the thousands and he eats tons of veggies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom