Do bearded dragons musk as a defense mechanism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfxfire

I haven't been able to find any info about this has anyone experienced their bearded dragon giving off a bad smell when it feels threatened? I've had to give my bearded dragon antibiotic injections for the last 14 days and every time before or after his shot when he is stressed I notice a strong smell kind of like compost?? his last injection was last night yay!! So now I can work on rebuilding the trust poor guy did not like those injections!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I just saw this post, sorry it was missed!
So you had the last shot then, how is he doing?
I don't think that they specifically give off a type of musk defensively but it is possible that
with stress their chemicals could change a bit.
They use their beards as a defense mechanism though, by turning it dark & extending it.

Tracie

Wolfxfire

Original Poster
He is doing good I have to have a dehumidifier in with him to control the humidity..he did the heavy breathing thing again recently but it was right after he ate a bunch and I haven't seen it since so I think he has gotten over the respritory infection thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom