Bathwater Too Hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
How can I tell if the bathwater for my beardie is too hot? I gave him a bath today and he splashed around and swam as normal. He didn't cough, blackbeard, puff or anything like that, but I did have the temp of the bathwater slightly higher than normal. Is there anything I can do to tell if he's harmed?

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":2a95aykr said:
Sounds like it was just right with all that frolicking, lol

I should clarify, I let the water cool down a bit. At first it was slightly hotter, but even then no blackbeard or coughing, just swimming around a little less. He got a bit more animated once it cooled down but again, he never got black beard, coughed or acted hurt, but I want to be sure.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Check with a thermometer. Then you can gauge his behaviors and find what temperature he seems most happy when he does get a bath or swim

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
On those rare occasions my dragons need a bath , I set up the water temperature using my non-contact thermometer to read a surface temperature 32-34 degC.

I use portable bathing tubs for the little lizards and a baby bath for the bigger lizards and the bathing happens on the lounge , the coffee table or on the lounge room carpet with a towel under the bath to take splashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom