Baby beardie harness

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Baby beardie harness

Postby LimKH » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:17 am

How do you use a shoelace as a harness? I've came across people saying that they use shoelaces. I don't know how do they make it or they just use it on their baby bearded dragon.
LimKH
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Baby beardie harness

Postby Aaradimian » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:56 am

I'm not sure, but that doesn't sound like a good idea. Babies are pretty energetic and could easily get tangled up or even possibly strangled. If you're wanting to train your beardie to walk with a leash, I'd wait a while personally.
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:59 am

Yes me too I would wait till he is older ----------- go to this website and look for a harness --- they also sell nice fleece blankets w/ their names on them --- www.pamperedbeardies.com
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:32 am

KarrieRee wrote:Yes me too I would wait till he is older ----------- go to this website and look for a harness --- they also sell nice fleece blankets w/ their names on them --- http://www.pamperedbeardies.com
Karrie

I just looked at the Pampered Beardies site and I just want to buy everything its so cute!
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Juvie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 am

:)
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby LimKH » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:43 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Yes me too I would wait till he is older ----------- go to this website and look for a harness --- they also sell nice fleece blankets w/ their names on them --- http://www.pamperedbeardies.com
Karrie

Sadly it's within the US though 😅. I'm from Malaysia and even if it ships over, it would still be really expensive as we have to convert to USD$. Thx for the website though😁
LimKH
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:13 am

How big in grams is the dragon ?
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Cheakie (subadult M) Nov 2019, Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:50 pm

With the little guys, it's probably best to keep them in their enclosure or hold them by hand and closely supervise. As they get older, they tend to calm down a bit and are big enough for a leash/harness. The one I made has a long parachute cord that clips to a fabric bottom piece with metal holes at each end. The fabric just goes around the waist above the legs and the leash clips to it along the back. I fit it so that it's tight enough to not easily slip over the legs but not so tight that it constricts the waist. You don't want it to apply pressure, just provide something for the leash to attach to. I don't find that I really need to use it much though. My adult dragon tends to stick pretty close to me so I just let him be outside without it most of the time.
CooperDragon

Postby LimKH » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:55 am

kingofnobbys wrote:How big in grams is the dragon ?

30 grams. I am so very sorry for not replying for soooo long. (๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ
LimKH
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

I checked Sarah's website, it does say they ship all over the world.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby LimKH » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:04 pm

HippieLizards wrote:I checked Sarah's website, it does say they ship all over the world.

But they doubled the rates tho
LimKH
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Oh, now that I did not know. Oof.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, and a community fish tank. . (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion